For a while there I was thinking I wouldnt find any work, I'd spend all my money irresponsibly (food and alcohol, you know) and be back home before I could say "Cheerio Miss Sophie". But now, now I have three options.
Option 1: Telephone operator at an open air theatre. Was my first choice and first interview, which I thought was the worst I'd ever been involved with. It was horrific, and whats worse is that my cousin was in the room as well witnessing all the horridiousness. EMBARRASSING! Anyway I have a few days to decide if I want to go with them even.
Option 2: Packing freezers at the local supermarket 'Famila'. This isn't so bad and deffers not the worst job I've had, but its so god damned cold. It's like walking through an ice cube. What? You have never done that before??
Thats because its not supposed to be done, on the account of the freeziness.
The only thing that tops my hatred of this cold, is the uniform. All I can say is that I'm oh so very happy that my grandmother is not here to take photographic evidence of the disgustoid that somebody has the nerve to call a uniform. Although I would consider myself lucky. I dont work in the stinky (oh what a stank) cheese section and have to wear a gross hat aswell.
There also happens to be a cute manager dude that works here. Mission: To find out relationship status, age and first name.
Here everyone is called Frau/Herr (insert last name here). Its weird being called Frau Knees. Couldnt they call me Frau Von Trapp? That would be cool.
Option 3: To do four weeks work experience as a nurse, which, if all goes well and I like it, can lead into a traineeship/apprentice (not sure how they differ and which is the German equivalent). But if I'm thinking long term plans for my future, I'd be pretty stupid not to give this a really 100 percentage go, right?
Hopefully if it can all work out I can keep the shitty supermarket €400 a month job which is a heck of a lot of NO money and do the work experience, which isnt paid even slightly at all!
In other news, I still have no friends. Boo! But hopefully my spiffy uniform and excellent freezer packing skillz should win some people over and maketh a group worthy of euro style party which I am yet to enjoy.
My fingernails have 'smokers syndrome'. BEFORE you have heart palpitations mum...I have NOT become a full blown cigarrette permanently attached to one hand at ALL times kinda girl. I meerely made the stupid mistake of buying el'cheapo bright yellow nail polish, and 80 cent nail polish remover. The result? That shit aint come off. I mean I got the majority, after half an hour of intense scrubbing. But now? Now my nails have a gross yellow tint. And I thought "Oh well, who will even notice?" But I notice peoples eyes wondering over to my nails, and I KNOW they are thinking "That, is, rank, what the hell is the matter with this girl?" So I painted them a different more normal colour and threw little yellow right out the window, where it deserves to be crushed, melted into nothingness and DIE!!! Much like the songs of Ke$ha. Or just Ke$ha herself. Who would even miss her? Seriously.
Over the weekend I went to my uncles hunting groups 'Green Party' where they invite all the land holders round to drink beer and grill wild meats that they have hunted. This was delicious. I also ended up coming second place in a dice rolling game and won a certificate for the meat off the back of a deer. Apparently this is a good piece of meat. So I told them to shoot a big one for me.
I appear to be going through some kind of lucky phase, where things just seem to be happening for me. I hope this doesnt end. At least not just yet. I'm having such a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment